Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Organizing Jewelry & Other Accessories

One of the challenge participants asked how I organized my jewelry. First I must say that I LOVE JEWELRY, but I'm also very good about not having too much. I tend to keep a few things that are sentimental and the rest of my jewelry is pretty cheap, trendy items, so it's easy for me not to have too much.


I have this jewelry cabinet (that my father-in-law built for me) and I love it! I have one drawer of watches, two drawers of bracelets, a drawer of earings, a drawer of buttons and mending items, a hair accessories drawer, a makeup bag drawer, and a hair tools drawer. It is more than enough room to fit everything I need. Because my jewelry is so BIG right now, it's difficult to find containers that will fit them well, but this is what a few of my drawers look like:

Bracelets...



Earrings (I use an ice cube tray to organize my smaller earrings and rings)


I bought this coat rack because it was cheap, cute and would go well in my bedroom. After having it in my bedroom for a couple months with nothing on it, I decided that it would be a great place for my necklaces. I love using this to hang my necklaces. I also have a few hats hung on top.



Since I was posting about accessories, I thought that I would share the following idea for organizing hats I got from my younger sister. I just put some small nails in the wall and hung our hats on them. It works great and looks cute!


I use a hanging organizer (typically used for Men's ties) to hang my scarfs and belts

4 comments:

Angie said...

Wow, you thought of everything! I would have never thought to use an ice cube tray for my earrings. Can't wait to see how you organize the rest of your closet! I saw little labels on everything in the picture of your scarf/belt holder. I'm very impressed!
Though I'm not quite up to your challenge, I'm definitely watching this blog for great ideas so thanks for sharing!

Jay and Bec said...

You are so awesome!! I am sitting here in awe! You really don't miss anything. You've once again given me some great inspiration. Keep the ideas coming!!

Anonymous said...

I love every part of this...except where it shows my name on the list since I haven't started! Oh well...my life will calm down after my party on the 12th and then I can begin. What a great motivator!
-Camille

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great. You are so motivating. I have SOOO much touch-up work to do. Like Camille, I am behind, but thanks for the boost. I love how great everything looks! Great job.

Dani